Secure Tape Transportation and Management
Reliably track the progress of your backup media along every step of the transportation route
Many of the risks of data loss and theft associated with confidential information are at their highest during transport, especially with unencrypted data. Choosing Iron Mountain for secure, data transportation is one way to help minimise those risks for your most critical data.
Here's how it works:
The solution includes:
BackupCare for Tape Vaulting
Reduce the burden on your IT Staff to manage backup processes at remote data centres
Whether your current data centre is situated at a remote, unstaffed location, or if you happen to “stand up” your data centre in a third-party colocation facility, you already know – all too well – how remote sites or isolated servers add a layer of complexity to staffing, training and internal processes for your organisation.
Take the burden off your IT staff from managing a remote data centre facility by letting Iron Mountains knowledgeable specialists handle the backup and data protection process.
Tape Vaulting Library Moves
Tape library relocation: Addresses the chain of custody concerns and meet target dates for the move
- Follow a comprehensive media relocation plan and meet your target date for completing the tape move
- Trust a relocation plan because it mitigates risk by fully addressing chain of custody concerns
- Gain full traceability and environmental control during backup tape transport — whether it’s from point to point, around the globe, or across town
|Leverage best practices and expertise to ensure your library move goes smoothly|
After managing thousands of tape library relocations, Iron Mountain’s experts have developed best practices to ensure the safety of your media.
From assessing objectives and scheduling key project milestones to packing and securely transporting your tapes, your tape library will be safeguarded from point of pickup to final destination.
Your entire move will be transparent to you, so you can find what you need when you need it. Plus you’ll gain access to O’Neil, Iron Mountain’s web-based media tracking software so you’ll know where your backup media is at all times.
Secure Dedicated Transportation Tape Vaulting
Extending Security and Best Practices To Remote Areas
Protecting your company’s backup data is a vital part of protecting your brand, reputation, compliance status and even the health of your business. With our Dedicated Transportation service you can be confident that your backup media is transported securely between your facilities and our offsite storage vaults. Iron Mountain Dedicated Transportation service:
- Uses drivers who are thoroughly vetted, with the option of assigning a second, highly-trained Iron Mountain employee to stay with your media at all times.
- Offers special add-on options, such as air transport, Disaster Recovery Test programs, and “one-time-only” tape library moves.